Toxic Black Mold And Mold Inspectors.

January 6, 2008


Many mold inspectors use the article titled:
Indoor Mold, Toxigenic Fungi, and Stachybotrys chartarum: Infectious Disease Perspective

and other articles to support the belief that toxic molds poison people in their homes, it looks as if the article is stating that toxic molds are very toxic to homeowners or even deadly.Mold inspectors who hastily review such articles come to such conclusions do so because they do not understand what the scientific article is talking about. This and other similar articles on the topic of toxic mold effects are talking not about what happens when a home owner breathes in mold spores released by Stachybotrys or other toxic molds, the article is talking about the effects of mold toxins / mycotoxins when these toxins are eating in foods contaminated with toxic molds, or the effects of mold toxins when animals in the lab are injected with mold toxins directly into the body or nasal passages. Sometimes such articles site cases where industry workers were made ill by toxic mold exposure after working around clouds of organic dust and mold spores for extended periods of time, such conditions contain millions of spores per cubic meter or air as apposed to the hundreds or thousands of spores encountered in most moldy homes and offices.

This article has been used by mold inspectors to support the view that toxic molds will poison you but in fact the article and many others have been taken out of context and this article and other scientific articles like it support the view that their is no solid evidence that toxic mold will poison you when breathed in at levels found in the home.

It is important to keep in mind that toxic molds and allergenic mold, and in fact any mold in your home at elevated levels can cause many people to become seriously ill from asthma or allergy related conditions as the result of allergens found in nearly all, if not all mold spores. Such conditions can be more serious and more debilitating than many people realize.

Mold can cause flu like symptoms in mold removal workers if they are not wearing proper protective gear.

Mold can cause serious and even deadly infections, but this typically occurs in persons who have a week immune system.

Mold can create foul smelling microbial volatile organic compounds that in turn cause irritation resulting in allergy like symptoms.

Ignoring a mold problem can cause a two thousand dollar mold removal job to become a two hundred thousand dollar mold removal job.

Mold can make your home un inhabitable for your family, and nearly impossible for you to sell. Selling a home with a mold problem that you hid can easily get you and your Realtor sued.

In conclusion though current scientific literature does not support the belief that toxic black mold is a killer mold of any kind in your house given the right environmental conditions it has the potential to become a serious menace.

Heres that link again.

http://cmr.asm.org/cgi/content/full/16/1/144#R40

the article appeared in

Clinical Microbiology Reviews, January 2003, p. 144-172, Vol. 16, No. 1

The above info is provided by A Accredited Mold Inspection Service, Inc. serving Palm Beach County Florida

 

Advertisements

One Response to “Toxic Black Mold And Mold Inspectors.”

  1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts’ comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: